Olly doing really well this time….

We suspect that for the first time we managed to catch Olly’s throat infection / tonsillitis before it managed to get a hold of him :-).

While he has been off school today as precautionary, he has not actually needed drugs to manage his temperature other than first thing this morning.

We have two courses of the antibiotics so hopefully we will be in a similar position next time around as well 🙂

Thinking that school is now on the cards for our little prince tomorrow 🙂

Bruce in Garage but in Leeds not Guiseley

Landrover Assist came out to see Brice first thing this morning and concluded that the driver door locking mechanism is faulty and will most likely need replacing. So we elected to take the car to the Farnell dealership in Leeds (rather than driving all the way over to Guiseley AGAIN) to be fixed. While it is meant to be the same group company, it does not have the me feel about it from our first impression but at least it is only 10 or 12 miles away rather than being nearly 30 away.

They have called Vicky this evening and have confirmed that the door lock on the driver door is indeed faulty and have ordered a replacement. They have also ordered new wheel arches as apparently they were also failing and needed replacing. All good news for us as it costs us nothing to have the car enhanced 🙂

Anyway, we should have the car back by the weekend and then we will just have to wait and see for how long we are good before it needs to go in again. Sadly it does appear to have come to the feeling that it is a bit of a lemon – hopefully we will get a good few months of painless ownership to erode the ill feeling that we have of the car at present.

School Photo day

Today it was school photo day so the boys needed to be in their full Summer Uniform. Given Olly is not well enough for school, we took him in just for his photo before his Doctor appointment. So, at least he will be in his class photograph despite not actually being in school today.

We actually forgot about ensuring that we could have a sibling shot taken so sadly we have missed this opportunity.

I’m sure it will be a few weeks and then we will have access to the photo packages online. The upstairs house walls are looking a little blank at the minute 🙂

Olly referred to ENT specialist – finally

We took Oliver to the Doctor’s this morning as he began with yet another temperature a day or two ago. We were armed with our records of temperatures and logged info with the Doctors as we had decided that time was to get an ENT specialist to take a look. The Doctor did not disagree with us at all and has given Olly some antibiotics and a referral which we collect on Tuesday next week.

So, hopefully we get closer to an answer regarding his problems although we do highly suspect that it will ultimately be a case of surgery to remove the tonsils :-(. However, if it puts him onto the right road for his future, then onward we march.