Tonsillectomy ahead

We took Olly to see Mr Nussbaumer at Barnsley Hospital regarding his recurring tonsill issues.  It became apparent that the issue was to be dealt with by their removal as soon as possible although a blood test was required to ensure that Olly would not have any bleed complications.  So we had to hang around for a couple of extra hours so that Olly could have some cream applied to his skin to numb the area where the blood collection would take place.

We now need to wait for up to two weeks for an appointment to come through for the next stage.

We will only hear from the hospital about the blood tests if there is any reason for concern, and should this be the case it means that the operation would need to be undertaken at the Sheffield Children’s Hospital instead of in Barnsley.


Leave a Reply